Last updated: December 17 2018
- Unpack the device and first of all check that your shipment is complete.
- An SD card is needed to operate the device and must meet the minimum requirements. Put the card into the designated slot, making it lock into place.
- Plug in the device. When installing for the first time, you should ensure the following connections as a minimum:
- Monitor-to-VGA connector
- Network connection (connector: LAN1)
- Power supply
- When you switch on the power, the device will start up automatically.
- While the device is starting up, a dialogue box will appear on the screen asking you to initialise the SD card (NOTE: All data on the SD card will be deleted!).
Confirm the box. After a few minutes the launching procedure will resume.
- On completion of the launching procedure, the console status view will be displayed.
- So that the appliance can be used for monitoring, there are some settings that need to be made. Press the key <F1> and, using the configuration dialogue box, configure the following settings as a minimum:
- Network configuration
- Access to the web interface
- Once you have configured these settings, you can access the web interface from a computer connected to the network by entering the URL http://<ipaddress>/ into the web browser. Log into the web interface using the password you just configured.
- Select the item instance administration on the menu now shown and click on Create new instance on the following page.
- Now create a new monitoring instance using the current dialogue box. This instance will start automatically.
- You can now call up the URL http://<ipaddress>/<instanz-id>/ in your browser,
where you can set up Check_MK in the usual manner.
- In order to make things such as name resolution and sending emails possible, you must make further settings in the web interface. You can read more about this in the chapter on basic configuration on the web interface.
Find out what to do next in the article Check_MK Getting Started.