|Title||Cascading livestatus proxy is now possible|
|Check_MK Edition||Check_MK Enterprise Edition (CEE)|
|Level||2 - Prominent Change|
|Compatibility||Compatible - no manual interaction needed|
It is now possible to cascade livestatus proxy configurations. This comes in handy to build cascaded distributed GUI (status GUI) setups.
The feature has been build for a scenario like this:
- A distributed setup where you have remote sites that are not directly reachable
- These remote sites are only reachable through a single "location master" site
- You use the "location masters" for configuration of all the related sites
- The central site is only used as central operating site (overview, reporting) and not for configuration
To get a cascading setup, configure Check_MK like this:
- Location master: Create one site in "Distributed configuration" for each local site. Configure the connection parameters to use the Livestatus Proxy. Set the new option to open a TCP port for this connection and insert a TCP port that is currently not used on the local machine (e.g. 6560).
- Central viewer site: Create one site in "Distributed configuration" for each remote site. Configure it to use the Livestatus Proxy. Set the destination IP address to the IP address of the "Location master" server and set the TCP port to the port you configured for the site in the previous step.
After this you should be able to connect to your cascaded remote sites through the Livestatus Proxy of the "Location master".